The Business of Cakes & Cupcakes
The Business of Cakes & Cupcakes
So you’ve been thinking of starting a home based cake or cupcake business as a sideline to your current job.
Or perhaps you have a family and you’d like to have a flexible lifestyle working from home and earning extra income.
Maybe you’ve been made redundant and now’s the time to become your own boss.
Whatever your circumstances, join Tracy Stonard on our ‘The Business of Cakes and Cupcakes’ one day course. You’ll gain insights and expertise on how to QUICKLY start your own business to generate profits from the outset.
Tracy Stonard has over sixteen years experience working in various business roles with ten of these years working for FTSE 100 companies.
In addition to graduating with a Business & Finance honours degree, Tracy has corporate management experience in sales, IT, finance, commercial law, and purchasing.
Tracy founded Magenta Cakes in 2009 following the birth of her son. The business has evolved from delivering hand baked cakes to offices, to creating celebration cakes, cupcakes, teaching classes and writing.
Although Tracy’s corporate background has certainly been beneficial, running her own business has taught her many lessons. Understanding these lessons from the start would have saved her time and money.
‘The Business of Cakes and Cupcakes’ will walk you through the process of what you need to do and what to avoid, so that you can get your business off to a great start.
What You’ll Cover:
- Getting Started: Naming and forming your business, branding, registering your business, the inspection process, insurance, food safety & hygiene, planning & your budget.
- Marketing your business: Your website, advertising, social media etc
- Pricing & Costs
- Managing customers and the sales
- Finances: spreadsheets, bank accounts, National Insurance, VAT, tax.
- Growing the business
- Creativity and self-care
- Tips for those managing a business around a family
What You’ll Come Away with:
- A clear idea of what’s required to start your own home based cake/cupcake business.
- You’ll come away focused, energised and inspired.
- You’ll leave the course with a clear path for the steps you need to create a business that will thrive.
“Thank you for such an informative day – I have learnt so much. I’m off to take the cupcake world by storm!” Jo, Surrey
“Really enjoyable course, am feeling inspired!” Helen, Woking
“Tracy’s informal approach has made me comfortable, positive and excited about starting my cake business, so thank you Tracy!” Elisha, London
”feel inspired and can’t wait to start putting it all into practice.” Sue, Guildford
”It was really enjoyable and I had fun.”Shanique,London
- Two weeks e-mail support after the course.
- A course pack.
- Plenty of teas, coffees and refreshments.
- We ask that you bring a packed lunch and a notepad
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Price £165.00 per person
Time 10.30am – 4.15pm
Location Tracy’s Kitchen, Chessington, Surrey/South West London.
Our nearest train station is Surbiton mainline (18 minutes fast service from London Waterloo).
“Thank you very much Tracy, you gave alot of information on how I can start my own cake business”. Margaret, London.
“Great to have information from someone who had ‘been there, and done that’ many thanks”. Andrea, Oxshott.
Booking is simple, just click the ‘BOOK’ button and this will take you to our Booking timetable. Choose a date, click ‘BOOK’ and pay with your debit/ credit card or with Paypal.
For any further details please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07734 907 975
(image via Pinterest)